Could the nausea and mettalic taste be the reason for pregnancy after taking fertility supplements?

Question
Hi I am currently trying to conceive. I began taking Fertilaid supplement 2 months ago because I have irregular periods. Last month they seemed to be working as I had a shorter cycle of 31 days. This month it felt like it would be the same and I even started to get excited because I became nauseous this week and I have a continous metallic taste in my mouth. I also have very occassionally twinges in my uterus and this area is a little swollen. I am on day 34 of my cycle and I did a pregnancy test this morning which was negative. I do not have the usual signs that my period is coming (spotting/sore breasts) My periods have ranged from 31 days to 45 in the past. I realise I am unlikely to be pregnant now but am confused by the metallic taste and nausea. I have reduced my supplement intake, however I do not know how it could be these as I took them without any trouble last month.
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 50 minutes later

Since you are having delayed periods you might be suffering with PCOD(Poly cystic ovarian disease).
Hypothyroidism is one more cause of delayed periods.

For infertility there are various factor which are to be considered. Ovarian factor is one of them.

Follicular studies, hormonal assay, endometrial thickness are to be kept in mind. If these are already done, I would like to know the reports which would help me in suggesting you better.

Along with them Hysterosalpingography(HSG) for tubal patency and your Husband's semen test are required but get your husband's semen analysis done before getting HSG done.

You should get all the investigations done before starting any therapy.

Metallic taste and nausea you are suffering could be due to the medicines you are on. Please do not stop any medications without your doctor's advise.

I would like to provide you with specific suggestions after knowing the reports of the above mentioned investigations.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards.