Could smoking marijuana affect my sed rate and CBC? Feeling cold and sweaty

Dec 2014

could smoking marijuana affect my sed rate? I have been feeling so cold, but yet hot and sweaty right after my chills. The doctor did a CBC and sed rate and all came back fine, but I forgot to tell him I vaporize marijuana almost every night and I don't know if that would affect the sed rate since I do know it helps with inflammation. He thinks it could be hormonal related.
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 20 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

You have problem of feeling cold, chills and fever. CBC and ESR came normal.

Marijuana is cannabis. Medical cannabis is used as pain medicine in various diseases. It is also an anti-inflammatory drug. But over all smoking Marijuana cause increase in ESR and it don't decrease the ESR. Smoking of any substance causes raised ESR. Over all your blood investigations came normal. So there is no need to worry.

The symptoms of chills followed by hot symptoms may be due to some hormonal changes or may be some form of anxiety. In both cases mild doses of Benzodiazepines are given to relax affected person.

Thanks, If you have more questions you can ask again in follow up.

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi, MD