Could small painful lump on butt be cancer?

I have a lump the size of a dime about 1 cm deep that looks like a bruise. I've had it for 3 weeks now. It doesn't hurt until I push on it. I have no other symptom, not a pimple, it's on my left butt cheek about 2 in down from my waist line. Could it be cancer? Doesn't seem to be going away. There are no other symptoms. Are there lymph nodes in this area?
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem you are having a small painful lump when you touch it on your butt . It will be difficult for anybody to give you an answer for this because XXXXXXX lump like this needs evaluation , it has to be palpated , consistency , margins , character etc . seen . It is less likely to be an enlarged lymph node , sometimes there is small injury and a heamtoma develops which can present like this . Rest some benign tumors like lipoma can be there . You have to see a surgeon for this as physical examination will be required . Take care. Dr. Shruti