Could severe headache, high blood pressure possibly be a brain bleed?

Two days ago I have a very sever heache with blood pressure of 199 /155 took aspirin and a coversly pill with 8 hours he ache wad gone blood presurre back down but had pain between shoulder blades and then lots of abdominal discomfort which is letting up today should I seek medical attention .Could this possibly be a brain bleed I am from canada and in Arizona on hoilday should I visit a hospital
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 2 hours later
Brief Answer: please see details Detailed Answer: Respected Ma'm 1. If everything settled down including headache and you do not have any neurological symptoms like disorientation, weakness of arms or legs, slurring of speech, inattentiveness, loss of bladder or bowl control, deviation of angle of mouth, difficult in vision, swaying while walking, giddiness, vertigo etc. then chances of a major bleed are less. It may however be a small bleed in or around brain. 2. The second issue , about which I am more concerned is the pain between shoulder blades and abdomen. This may be a feature of "dreadful" complication of high blood pressure known as dissection of aorta. In this condition high blood pressure leads to creation of a rant in wall of largest blood vessel of body leading to two pathways in vessel instead of one. You should definitely seek urgent opinion for same. This is really important. Hope this helps. Feel free to discuss further. Sincerely Sukhvinder