Could rash in forehead and low grade infection in tooth be related?

I have had a red rash on my forehead for three months,slowly getting worse,tried creams eg hydrocortisone etc,last week a dental check and x rays found I have an low grade infection in a lower tooth,hurts to bite and this has been going on for roughly the same time period as the rash,am having a root canal tomorrow,could the rash be related to the tooth,I also feel hotter,exercise also increases redness,almost like a fever look,never had this problem before,and watch diet and take quality supplements thanks XXXXXXX chapman
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: Upload a picture. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXX, Thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about these dental infection and the rash. It would be very unlikely that there is a connection between these two as the disease process and possible causes are very different. They don't even lie next to each other where contamination because of proximity would be likely. Also, ask your surgeon what he thinks of the rash and its possible connection tomorrow just for further curiosity purpose. Please, upload an image of this rash for a closer appreciation and more clarifications. Thanks and hope to get the image uploaded. Dr. Ditah, MD