Could pelviectasis cause abdominal pain?

Hi, 42 yr old woman, recently had an ultrasound, findings were: mild pelviectasis in the right kidney. I have had severe LRQ abdominal pain for over two years. Could the pelviectasis cause the pain? What exactly is pelviectasis? Do I need to see a kidney specialist?
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please provide the reports of echo&other tests.... Detailed Answer: Hi, Before running into final conclusions, could you please upload the reports of abdominal ultrasound and other tests you did? That can help me assist you further? Pelviectaisis is the enlargement of the renal pelvis. The renal pelvis is that part of the kidney that is directly connected to ureters. If there is any obstruction in ureters or lower parts, the renal pelvis will get enlarged. You should follow up with urologist for further evaluations and appropriate treatment. You are only mentioning mild pelviectasis in the right kidney. I need to know if the echographist did notice anything (obstruction) in your bladder and ureters from your ultrasound reports. Having severe LRQ abdominal pain for over two years is related to possible problems in your: - Urinary tract - genital tract - bowel (chronic constipation, obstruction) Looking forward to have the reports of ultrasound and other tests you ran. Thank you! Dr.Albana