Could painless canker sore after sex be a symptom of HIV?

ENT Specialist
I have a single painless canker sore that has appeared one week after 1 minute of unprotected sex. Could it be an early symptom of HIV?
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: its not a symptom! Detailed Answer: Hello! Please Dont worry! The sore is not a sign of HIV; as the signs of HIV develop long time after the exposure. However the sore may be a sign of sexually transmitted disease and I strongly recommend that you meet a doctor at the earliest for doing the necessary tests and treatment. Avoid unprotected sex. Take care