Could painless canker after sex be a symptom of HIV?
User rating for this question
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Roopa Hiremath 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Acute HIV symptoms Detailed Answer: Hi Mr. CCmolt, Welcome to health care magic. I have gone through your query and I understand your concern regarding acute HIV symptoms. Many persons do not suffer from any symptoms. If at all they are symptomatic, the symptoms include fever, lethargy, arthralgia, skin rash, lymphadenopathy (mild). Rarely mucocutaneous ulcers and depression. A single canker sore does not seem to be significant, but HIV infection cannot be ruled out completely based on clinical examination. Confirmation by lab testing is a must. The only way to decrease your anxiety would be to get a HIV test done for HIV status confirmation. I would suggest PCR test for HIV RNA/proviral DNA. I hope I have cleared your doubts. Please let me know if I can assist you further. Thanks.
People also viewed
- What are the symptoms of canker sore?
- Percent of negative hiv test at 5 12 weeks that are accurate
- Can canker sores and hiv be a recognized symptom
- 3 month old hoarse
- Hoarse voice and meth
- Pimple broken spread to hiv in saliva
- 4 month old and prednisone and hoarse
- Mode of transmission of hiv throught mouth kiss
- Precautions to take when a condom breaks
- My newborn sounds hoarse
- Canker sore first sign of hiv
- Welts pain lower leg hodgkins lymphoma
- Could painless canker after sex be a symptom of hiv
- Red blotchy skin dizziness
- Symptoms of canker