Could pain between shoulder blades and stomach pain be due to Helicobacter reinfection?

Hello. A few years ago I was infected with Helicobacter Pylori. A month ago I have pain between my shoulder blades and stomach pain. Could it be Helicobacter reinfection?. Thank you.
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in Valvular Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: May be infected. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thanks for writing to HCM. Yes, the chance of re infection is there. As the H Pylori cannot be eradficated. If your pain is present since 1 month then you can try Tab Esmoprazole 40 mg (PPI) for 14 days. This may relieve your symptoms as this cause supression of acid secretion. For diagnosis Rapid Urease Test can be performed. As the name suggests, the test is for a rapid diagnosis and is done within a few minutes. But prescence or abscence of the H Pylori may not supress the symptoms. The symptoms may be due to gastric erosion or also ulcer. So you are required to take a course of PPI and if H Pylori infected then a course of antibiotic is required. These drugs are usually available in combination as a kit. You can check over the counter also with the help of your pharmacist or family physician. I hope these answers have been both informative and helpful for you. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them. Wish you good health. regards