Could numbness and feeling of fullness in arm and leg suggest MS or poor circulation issues?

Question
Could numbness and a feeling of "fullness" in right arm and right leg mean I have ms or poor circulation issues? Please see my medical history for more details on my issue
Posted Thu, 2 May 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 1 hour later

Thanks for the query,

I have noted your problem

I do not see either MS or poor circulation in you

MS generally present with
visual problem/poor vision , starts suddenly
balance problem
urinary control problem
Weakness of one side of the body
Weakness of both legs

These symptoms generally waxes and wanes

Your MRI is normal and that rules out MS

I do not feel that there are any circulation issues too

You may try physiotherapy and if it does not improve, you may consult a local physician

You need relaxation.

Please feel free to get back to me

Best wishes

Follow-up: Could numbness and feeling of fullness in arm and leg suggest MS or poor circulation issues? 29 minutes later
Thanks doctor but I only had a brain mri, I have read that ms may not show on mri initially - do you think a spinal may show lesions? The restless leg and arm feeling and numbness won't go completely go away yet and I'm worried about the two numb toes? I was able to train for 40 minutes and weight train ( thighs) for about 20 minutes without too much fatigue after despite the restless leg/ arm feeling - but the numb toes and small numb patches on both feet ( have disappeared now) still have me concerned - Do you think I should ask my primary physician to schedule spinal mri, nerve conductivity tests?

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 19 hours later

Thanks for the feed back

I do not think that you have MS as of now. Generally patients with MS have positive MRI findings. If you are so concerned, you may do MRI spinal cord and nerve conduction tests. These tests will rule out any neurological problem. If all these tests are normal, you need not worry at all

Let me know if I can help you in any way

Best wishes

Follow-up: Could numbness and feeling of fullness in arm and leg suggest MS or poor circulation issues? 40 hours later
The numbness seems to have reduced significantly and is now only really in my hand and foot - it's still been over 10 days now though. I'm less anxious but do you think it would still be useful to do the spine mri and nerve tests?

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 20 hours later

Thanks for the feed back

You need not do these tests if you are improving.

Best wishes