Could my tubal clamps have loosened if I experience mood swings?

Hi I had tubal clamps approximately 10 years ago , during this month i have noticed that my skin is not as dry and my hormones are running wild. Is it possible that my clamps have loosened or broken what other symptoms should i be aware of.
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 15 minutes later

Tubal clamping is done to prevent pregnancy.

In normal case when ever ovulation occurs the ovum is released from the ovary and via tube it reaches the uterus.When even there is presence of male egg,the fertilization takes place in the tube and then the entire product of conception gets transferred to the uterus from tube.

When tubes are clamped this can not takes place so that women can not have pregnancy.This is on the family planning method for those who have completed their family.

Tubes do not play any role in hormonal secretion.Normally the tube clamping is effective once done.

You might be having menopausal symptoms.At your age the hormones starts changing and you may have various complaints like hot flushes,mood swings,irregular periods,bone loss,urinary incontinence, etc

Foods that may trigger hot flashes, such as spicy foods, caffeine, and alcohol, should be avoided.
A low-fat, low-cholesterol diet and adequate calcium should be taken.

This is a natural phenomenon and no special care is needed.In case you face problems you should consult a gynecologist for this.

Take good food and do regular exercise to stay fit.This is normal for most of the women of your age to experience and symptoms may vary from person to person.

I hope this answers your query,I will be available for follow up.