Could movement feeling issues when I turn my head be due to Labyrinthipltis?

Hi my name is XXXXXXX I have had vertigo issues since Christmas. I still have movement feeling issues when I turn my head. no dizziness. I guess it's still vertigo? I recently went back to my doctors because I am just scared of what might be wrong. She told me today that it's most likely Labyrinthipltis. but I am scared it could be ms or something worse. If I have Labyrinthitis would I have pain or anything? yes I can be a worrier but I do get nervous. I am a body builder and I have been still lifting and I have no issues lifting. Please let me know what you think. Thank you.
Posted Wed, 26 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Your doctor is right... Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX I went through your post with diligence. At the outset, you need not be worried about MS. Classically symptoms of MS are recurring and they commonly cause different symptoms (at least they involve different areas of the body). I don't feel vertigo alone is explained by MS. Yes, as your doctor pointed, labrynthitis and vestibular disorders of the ear can be the most likely cause. And it isn't necessary that you will have pain with it. You may have symptoms such as ringing sensation (tinnitus) or hearing disturbances (but not necessarily). If this vertigo is affecting your daily routine, I suggest you talk about antivertigo medicines which I call as vestibular sedatives and vestibular exercises. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards
Follow-up: Could movement feeling issues when I turn my head be due to Labyrinthipltis? 11 hours later
Thank you for your response. I just have one more question. could Labyrinthitis cause eye issue symptoms? like small movements if I un focus them? Or hard to focus on things up close?
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer: it can be explained... Detailed Answer: Yes, very commonly vertigo from labrynthitis is associated with nystagmus where there is involuntary jerky repetitive movements of eyes. Further body balance is disturbed making an impression that you are unable to focus. Please note that I'm trying to fit your symptoms into the diagnosis made already by your doctor. It looks right in every angle. So don't be concerned. Regards
Follow-up: Could movement feeling issues when I turn my head be due to Labyrinthipltis? 32 minutes later
Ok thank you. is me having these symptoms since Christmas unusual? it is just scary because when I un focus my eyes I see very slight movement or feel worse after driving not during driving.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: visit an ENT surgeon.... Detailed Answer: Usually acute labrynthitis resolve in few weeks time. Rarely they become chronic, not sinister though. If the complaints are affecting your daily routine, I urge you to visit an ENT specialist. The doctor will conduct series of test - both hearing studies as well as vestibular apparatus tests and assess severity of the condition and its right management. Therefore don't ignore the symptoms if its bothering you. With slow and gradual treatment you will feel better. Hope this helped. If you have no more doubts request you to close this discussion and review. Best regards