Could mild spotting might be due to implantation bleeding?

my periods are usually unusual, so having a late period doesn't worry me. i'm on day 58 of this cycle (i have a calendar to keep tract of everything). well, i thought it started yesterday morning after i got out the shower, so i used a tampon, as usual. after 4 hours, i took it out and noticed it was barely used up, so i just stuck with a panty liner, when i got home from work, i noticed that there wasn't anything on it, so i left it alone. still nothing, over 24 hours later. i've been feeling very dizzy and had to go home early the other day because i couldn't hold my stomach down, and i'm pretty sensitive to everything. i assumed i had caught a stomach bug or something. is there any other explanation for the few hour long bleeding either than the possibility of an implantation bleeding?
Posted Fri, 21 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Causes listed below. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The mild spotting that you had could be due to 1. Impending period. The bleeding may be less due to hormonal problems. 2. Implantation bleed which is mostly only spotting and lasts only for few hours. 3.blighted ovum or missed abortion in which case there will be a longer bout of bleeding and a negative pregnancy test after a few weeks 4. ectopic pregnancy with nonviable embryo and withdrawal bleeding following that. 5. Local trauma caused during intercourse. You can do a pregnancy test using the home pregnancy test kits available over the counter or consult your physician for a blood test which is more accurate to confirm or rule out pregnancy. Depending on these your obstetritian will be able to guide you to the further course of treatment and management. The other symptoms could be due to pregnancy or due to just a premenstrual phase or a stomach bug. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL