Could liver disorder cause dry mouth and mental fatigue?

I had a routine medical test a year back which showed deranged liver enzymes. (report attached). I consulted a GI doctor who asked me to repeat the test after a month . Second test was normal albeit GGT. (report attached). I had an ultrasound of the abdomen before that which was clear . Yesterday I had another LFT which showed elevated GGT again. My current symptons are difficultly concentrating, dry mouth , light and sound senstivity and extreme mental fatigue. Could liver disorder cause these issues. How should I interpret this latest lab results. Could it be contributing to my anxiety disorder.
Posted Sat, 1 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hello, Thank you for the query. You had mild hepatitis in XXXXXXX 2013 with raised gamma GT with normalized SGOT SGPT now except mild raised gamma GT. Possibilities of raised SGOT and SGPT that time could have been Hepatitis B, C, Alcohol (If any ) or fat deposition in liver causing inflammation. Likely you must have been screened for hepatitis B and C. If you consume alcohol (even socially) it might explain raised SGOT, SGPT at that time and Gamma GT also. Also you are over weight and hence likely to have deposition of fat in liver which needs to be corrected by reducing weight. Other symptoms you are mentioning (difficultly concentrating, dry mouth , light and sound senstivity and extreme mental fatigue) are unlikely due to liver problem but are more explained on your anxiety disorder. But anxiety related to liver problem will definitely contribute. Since liver reports are much better then need not worry. Maintain healthy lifestyle. Eat healthy, avoid excess fat in diet, alcohol etc Exercise regularly De stress yourself All this will make you feel better Hope this answers your query. Wish you a speedy recovery. Happy to help
Follow-up: Could liver disorder cause dry mouth and mental fatigue? 13 minutes later
Thanks doctor for the detailed reply. I have not been tested for Hep B and C . Shall I get those tested to be on the safer side?
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: hi Detailed Answer: Thank you for the query. Definitely yes. Best wishes