Ask a Urologist   »  

Could kidney stones cause dark brown urine?

Oct 2013

frequent restroom trips peeing a lot haveing dark brown urine for 6 days and bad upper middle stomach pain.history of kidney stones but don't think its kidney stones this go of urine added
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Namala Bharadwaj 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: Could be due to stone causing bleed . Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. I have seen the image you have attached with query, color of urine is not normal. Its almost reddish brown color . Usually this will happen if there is any bleed in to urinary tract. Previous history of kidney stone, now pain will support that bleed could be due to recurrence of kidney stone. My recommendation for you would be get investigation like complete urine examination and ultra sound abdomen. We can discuss further based on your reports. If there is severe pain or XXXXXXX bleed in to urine please consult doctor. Hope I answered your query. Any further information you can ask me in follow up query. Regards.