Could increased heart rate be due to anxiety or any manifestation?

Recently had a physical ekg found fast heart rate 125 doctor believes that rate is due to anxiety I was ok with that explanation until thus week I have been having difficulty feeling satisfied when taking a deep breath although strangely i am breathing fine when sleeping or completely relaxed my bloid pressure and all blood labs came back fine my resting heart rate has been around 75 to 80 when I am feeling anxious though in the 90s is thus breathing sensation part of some unsecured heart condition. Or can this be a manifestation of my anxiety and should I consider medication as suggested by my physician
Posted Mon, 10 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: please see details Detailed Answer: Dear Ma'm If you feel difficulty in breathing only when you try a deep breath? If you are comfortable on using stairs/ carrying weights and running? It is common for us to be aware of our breathing when we are anxious and too much of anxiety can manifest in form of difficulty in breathing. It is supported by the fact that such individuals have difficulty only during such instances of anxiety and they do not feel any breathlessness on using stairs/ running or carrying weights. However if you have shortness of breath, consistently, on physical exertion or on activities mentioned above, you need to see your physician and get examined. Further tests like echocerdiogram, Holtor monitor etc will be needed to confirm. Hope this provides some insight into the issue. Please do write me if there is anything else. Sincerely Sukhvinder
Follow-up: Could increased heart rate be due to anxiety or any manifestation? 6 hours later
Thank you for your timely response I am currently on a holter monitor just. Curious if what I described above could be anxiety related if heart related should I be concerned I am under the care of my doctor but am a bit anxious about the fast pulse and breathing
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 6 hours later
Brief Answer: relax and wait for test results. Detailed Answer: Dear Ma'm As I detailed you, it may be purely anxiety related or may have some organic (physical) basis. It all depends upon the circumstances in which you feel so. Since you are already being investigated, relax and wait for results of test. Hopefully your physician is able to understand the process and will sort it out soon. Sincerely Sukhvinder