Could i be pregnant with pregnancy symptoms with a negative result on the pregnancy test?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
My last period was Dec 18-20 I had sex on Dec 28 and 30 . my cycles are 24-28 days faithfully. And has been for 20 years.....I still haven't started but I am having so many symptoms of being pregnant. I have an 8 yr old and 6 yr old identical twins...I feel pregnant. I have had headaches backaches bloating constipation having to pee every hour and I have even thew up that yellow stuff that I have only threw up when I was pregnant. I have been taking a test a week since first day of missed period but still saying not pregnant. Please help I don't know what to think!!! I have read that it is possible to have neg test for months.
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to HCM Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. Since there is high possibility of being pregnant I suggest to do blood test to check beta HCG or do ultrasound and it will confirm your pregnancy status. All these signs can be related to pregnancy but these are also nonspecific signs and this isnt confirming pregnancy. Urine tests can be false negative but after 2 months this rarely happens. So you should do those more specific tests and everything will be clear. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards