Could hemorroid cause bleeding?

General Surgeon
I have a hemorroid. I had bleeding in back upon wiping, and once in front while wiping. Also blood in toilet bowl. Could this be caused by hemorroid?
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: yes this can be due hemorrhoids Detailed Answer: Hello. Thank you for the query. Yes, blood on the surface of the stool and on the toilet paper is very charcteristic for hemmorhoids. Especially if you have had sucj symptoms beforr and hemorrhoids were diagnosed. I suggest you to try such treatment: -Have sitz baths with Oak Bark twice a day - start hemorrhoids suppositories - increase fiber rich products to avoid constipation - wash your rectum after every stool If this wont help in a week, consult your doctor and cinsider surgery. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.
Follow-up: Could hemorroid cause bleeding? 2 hours later
I noticed bleeding in back upon wiping, and a very little amount in front also at the same time. Could both be due to hemrroids?
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later
Brief Answer: . Detailed Answer: Yes. Please note that usually there are 3 main hemorrhoids on 3 different sidesbof anus. So more than one blood trace is typical. Regards.