Could discomfort in mouth and gastric stomach be indications of dietary deficiency?

ENT Specialist
From time to time I experience a discomfort in my mouth where the inside of my cheeks stick to my gums sometimes being slightly painful. This seems to coincide with a gastric stomach both of which I have had all my life . I sometimes think it might be a dietary deficiency. Any ideas?. Thank you.
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Take precautions Detailed Answer: Hello, Yes this is associated with dietary deficiency . Secondly it is associated with reflux disease .When there is reflux it causes irritation of the skin in the throat and back of tongue this leads to muscles spasm and dryness in mouth because of acidic reflux from the stomach. Take precautions and take--- Drink lot of water Antacid tablet +Domperidom Syp. antacid gel 2 tsf two times a day half an hour before meals multivitamin twice daily Keep head end of bed elevated. Avoid alcohol, Smoking Do brisk walking daily Go for walk after dinner Avoid spicy food Avoid late night coffee follow up after 7 days.