Could continuous severe abdomen pain be a symptom of colitis?

Question
dear sir, i am suffering dragging pain in left side of abdomen continuous from past 2 years, many doctors prescribe me for ultra sound and x-ray,but in result found all is ok, again i was going for few test as doctor tell me may be colitis. Test Name ------------------------------ 1) HB%,TC,DC,ESR 2) Blood Suger (F) 3) Liver Function Test 4) Lipid Profile 5)Stool For Culture & Sensitivity And Initially doctor prescribe Medicines for 1 month as given below; 1) Shilof-oz 2) VSL#3 3) P2ID Capsule 4) Normaxine 5) Udiliv 300 please doctor advice and tell me what is the exact reason and when i will be free from that problems
Posted Sat, 28 Dec 2013 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 11 hours later
Brief Answer: A little help from you before I can help you Detailed Answer: Hello sir and welcome. Thank you for writing to us sir. I chose to answer your query because I am not only well acquainted with gatrointestinal conditions, but also because I have had my share of experiences in this field as well. I would like to first ask you if you have had any of the following symptoms, please let me know: -Do you suffer from frequent loose or water stool often; or constipation (especially without a fever) -Abdominal bloating -Belching or flatulence -Foul-smelling stool -At times mucus around your anal region while wiping after passing your bowels -Have you ever noticed blood in your stool? -Do you experience any irritation after eating specific types of food? -Does the pain come a few minutes after a meal (around 15 minutes) or around 2 hours after a meal -When you pass solid stool, is it in its full normal form or is it broken (like in small pieces) -Is the pain constant? -Are you lactose or gluten-intolerant? Kindly write back to me with an answer to each of my queries. I shall surely help you to find an accurate diagnosis and accordingly help you with as many suggestions as possible. In the meantime, please have plenty of water and avoid the following food items: -Tea -Coffee -Caffeine -Sugar containing drinks -Carbonated drinks -Popcorn -Oily/fatty/fried food -Chocolates -Dairy products -Gluten products -Alcohol Looking forward to your kind response. Take care.

Follow-up: Could continuous severe abdomen pain be a symptom of colitis? 37 hours later
1) Do you suffer from frequent loose or water stool often; or constipation (especially without a fever) -Abdominal bloating-----------------No -Belching or flatulence---------------yes but some time -Foul-smelling stool------------------Yes 2)At times mucus around your anal region while wiping after passing your bowels---No 3)Have you ever noticed blood in your stool?-----------No 4)Do you experience any irritation after eating specific types of food?------No 5)Does the pain come a few minutes after a meal (around 15 minutes) or around 2 hours after a meal---------------i feel little(when i lay down in flat position and press at left upper side of abdomen with sucking stomach,i feel lot of pain but in empty stomach normally no any pain) 6) When you pass solid stool, is it in its full normal form or is it broken (like in small pieces)----------------------it is normal form(initially it is normal form but it is not clear at once,in second time with pressure,it comes few stool) 7) Is the pain constant?------------No(When i move our body in right side against left side abdomen,i feel lot of stretch and feel now it will be broke) 8) Are you lactose or gluten-intolerant?--------------No Sir when i awake i feel lot of pain in may be urine bladder left down side,and after releasing urine i feel very better. and only at empty stomach when i inflate/pull out my stomach,it produce sound just like as frog's sound. All test report is normal except few observation as below Blood Sugar----117.34 LFT- SGOT(AST)-----46.86 AGPT(ALT)------74.49 Albumin--------------4.63 westergren-----1st hour--17 mm Sir please advice me

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Liver seems to be affected; USG and colonoscopy Detailed Answer: Hello once again sir. Your liver enzymes seem to be raised, which indicate some abnormality of the liver. An ultrasound of the abdomen and pelvis was mentioned by you, isn't that right sir? If so, when was it conducted and what was the exact result? I would advise a repeat ultrasound (USG) of the abdomen and pelvis with special emphasis on the liver, and the second investigation I would advise would be a flexible colonoscopy to visualize the the lower part of your large intestine sir. These two investigations should provide us with some concrete answers. Please discuss my suggestions with your doctor and request for these investigations at the earliest. Hope this helps.