Could bumps on my skin be caused by Molluscum?

Hello! I get these bumps on my skin that are usually flesh colored. I usually just pick them off my skin. By doing so, I have found that they are embedded in my skin. Kind of like a wart, but not a wart. They most commonly occur on my arms. One time I picked at it, and it left a white scar. Could it be Molluscum?
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Molluscum? Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to healthcare magic, I saw the photographs that you have uploaded. In one of them I can see a red spot in the center and in the other a scar in the center. Neither of them looks like molluscum contagiosum. Moreover Molluscum contagiosum is rare in adults and arms are not a common site. From your description it could be a condition called Keratosis pilaris. Hope this helped, Take care.