Could blood clot in vaginal cavity with low estrogen and abnormal bleeding be symptoms of utrine cancer?

Hi I have just had a viginal scan showing 5.1mm endometrial lining and everything else normal apart for blood clot in cavity.... Diagnosing low estrogen and no ovulating - have been experience abnormal bleeding - worried about utrine cancer -
Posted Sun, 5 Jan 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: kindly reply few questions. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Kindly reply few questions so that I can guide you further. How are your periods like? their duration and frequency. Do you have heavy bleeding during your periods? Are you married? if yes,How many years of married life? how many kids do you have? Any family history of breast or ovarian or endometrial cancers? Have you undergone any PAP smer, kindly reply with the reports. have you undergone any endometrial biopsy? Please ask if you have more questions, and do write back with the answers so that I can guide you further. Awaiting your response. Regards Arif
Follow-up: Could blood clot in vaginal cavity with low estrogen and abnormal bleeding be symptoms of utrine cancer? 3 hours later
Hi I have had scan and showing endemetriam 5.1mm and no sign of ovulation I am 42 would it be a hormonal issue Oh sorry just seen reply - Periods have become irregular Heavy bleeding Yes I'm married 2 children No family history of cancers Up to date on Pap tests No biopsy Just scan showing endemetrial thin of 5.1 and no sign of ovulation doctor said most likely cause
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Could be DUB, rule out thyroid problem. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I apologize for the late response; I was away from my computer due to unavoidable reasons. Coming back to your question, I have analyzed your reply. Considering your history and scan report it is unlikely to be uterine cancer. Because in uterine cancer the endometrial thickness (ET) also grows up to 15mm (in your case it is 5.1mm), ET also depends on which day of the period scan is done. If the scan is done in pre-menstrual period and showing 5.1mm then I assure you that you dont have to worry about cancer endometrium. There could be some other reasons which needs to be ruled out, what I advise you is few investigations: Haemoglobin (to rule out anaemia), Thyroid function tests (thyroid abnormalities can present with heavy, irregular periods), Office Hysteroscopy--to know any problem inside the uetrine cavity and take a biopsy. If everything is normal then it goes in favor of DUB Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding. After getting above reports you can be given cyclical progeterone medication for control of bleeding. Then repeat the scan after 3 to 6 months. All the above management varies with different doctor. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!