Could birth control Generess give symptoms of swollen breasts and back pain?

Could my birth control give me symptoms of swollen breasts and back pain%3F I take generess fe
Posted Tue, 20 Aug 2013 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 50 minutes later
Hi there
Birth control pills can sometimes cause heaviness in the breasts. But unlikely to cause back pain. There could be local causes involving muscular or spinal problems for the backache. Sometimes due to water retention in the body there may appear some bloating of the body giving a swollen appearance. Try some lower back physiotherapy and see if you get some relief. Hot fomentation to the lower back will also help.