Could a low count of warfarin cause redness and hard lump in legs?

Could a low count of warfarin cause redness and a hard lump anywhere in the body. I have been on Warfarin for four years from DVT's and a PE. I went to the ER today because I noticed that both my feet were red and swollen with a lump in them. The ER doctor said he didn't see anything just a low count of Warfarin. I have been getting my INR/PT check every month.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 6 hours later

Yes, a low count of warfarin can cause redness, which is due to tendency of blood clot formation, which consequently may form a lump anywhere in the body.

Ideally your INR should be between 2 to 4, value less than 2 indicates insufficient anti-coagulation, while the same at more than 4 indicates higher risk of bleeding.

I suppose your PT/INR is normal.

Please do not hesitate to get back to me in case of clarifications.

Hope I was of help to you.