Could a lesion on lower spine T11/T12 be caused due to stroke?

Critical Care Specialist
Could a lesion on my lower spine T11/T12 be caused from an injury 15 years previous or possibly from a stroke?
Thank you.
Posted Tue, 13 Nov 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sadiq Mughal 3 hours later

You have not described what type of lesion it is on the spine. Will you please describe the lesion in detail?

Broadly speaking 15 years old injury cannot cause lesions now.

Stroke also don’t cause lesion in peripheral parts of body. It involves central nervous system and function and peripheral parts of body are affected depending upon part of brain affected by stroke.

Hope I answered your question to some extent. Do post in your follow up the required information and we can discuss further.