Could a child take Foracort 100 as a preventive maintenance inhaler? Suggest the dosage?

Can we use Foracort 100 as preventive maintenance inhaler for my 9 years old son. If not, pls suggest suitable one with dosage.
Thank you & regards,

Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 8 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Chest diseases, working with an experienced Pulmonologist. I answer on his behalf

Foracort contains steroid and has very serious side effects specially in growing children.

Kindly enlighten me about the symptoms you child as based on the same I would advice on the management.

Waiting for your response.