Could a boil under the arm be symptom of MRSA?

My son has some sort of boil under his arm, could it be mrsa?
Posted Wed, 19 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: test required Detailed Answer: Hello MRSA (methicillin resistant staph aureus) is a technical term used with staphylococci bacteria is resistant to methicillin. Well the boils can be caused by staph; but whether or not this is a MRSA strain can be confirmed only by tests. Your son should be started on antibiotic and material from lump should be taken for culture and sensitivity to know whether it is MRSA or not. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you