Could I take paracetamol and codeine tablets for migraine with statins?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Can I take paracetamol and codeine tablets for migraine with statins
Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX thanks for the query.
There are no reported interaction between these drugs and it can be used together so statins should be taken in prescribed dose. If you experience some symptoms it will probably be just because of codeine. So try to use codein as less as you can and stop it when migraine subsides. If taken for long time codeine may cause addiction and some other unpleasant symptoms.
Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards