Could I take clomid after noticing spotting last night and should i stop Duphaston?

Infertility Specialist
Question
I am trying to conceive. My doctor prescribed Duphaston to force a menstrual cycle, and so I could start taking Clomid for ovulation. I am about to start day 4 of Duphaston but woke up this morning with severe cramps. I had some very light spotting last night and this morning, and passed a small amount of fibrous blood. In the past hour since that there hasn't been a menstrual flow as such. Should I keep taking the Duphaston until the end of the 7 day course and then wait for a period before starting the clomid, or can I assume that today is day 1 of my period and therefore I should stop taking Duphaston today and start taking Clomid from day 2 (ie tomorrow)? My doctor told me I should start clomid on day 2 of menses, whenever that occurs. Thank you for your help. I don't know what to do and my doctor isn't contactable on weekends...
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: today first day Detailed Answer: Hi You have got your cycles. Stop duphaston tablets. You can start clomid as per prescription of your doctor. I hope your other investigations like semen analysis are normal. Regards Dr. Mahesh Koregol IVF& Infertility Specialist

Follow-up: Could I take clomid after noticing spotting last night and should i stop Duphaston? 6 minutes later
Thank you. Is that the case even if i didnt and dont have a proper menstrual flow? What happens if all i get is the spotting and one single time of having a tiny amount of fibrous bloody tissue pass? Is this really still counted as a "cycle"? Enough to start Clomid?

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: yes Detailed Answer: Hi Since you are on duphaston still you might have scanty bleeding. But it was fibrous and fleshy which means majority of endometrial tissue has come out with bleeding. So you can start tablets as per doctor's advice on day 2. Regards

Follow-up: Could I take clomid after noticing spotting last night and should i stop Duphaston? 10 minutes later
Many thanks. I'm sorry to keep asking more questions, as I just wanted to be very sure. Ive been on Duphaston and clomid for four cycles now. and never had these symptoms before. I got pregnant in July 2013 but had a miscarriage in August 2013. It was only about a teaspoon of fibrous blood that came out (at most) this morning. Is that really enough to call it a cycle? There must still be a lot of lining left in my uterous as i hardly bledat all

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: yes Detailed Answer: Hi I am certain that this is your cycle. 100 percent confirmation is only by doing ultrasound scan. As perexperience you had your cycles and you can start medicines. Dont worry so much. Regards

Follow-up: Could I take clomid after noticing spotting last night and should i stop Duphaston? 11 minutes later
Thank you very much Doctor. I appreciate your help

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please write review Detailed Answer: Hi Please accept my answer and write a review. Regards Dr. Mahesh Koregol IVF& Infertility Specialist