Could I take clarithromycin along with aleve?
User rating for this question
I am currently on Clarithromycin 500 MG 2 x's daily. I took my last dosage at 8:00 AM my next dosage is at 8:00 PM. I then took 1 Aleve (220 mg) at 3:00 PM due to back pain. I subsequently read on the internet that taking these 2 drugs can cause severe liver damage as well as other harmful side effects. I have 2 questions: Can taking Aleve once with Biaxin once cause liver damage ? Can I continue taking Aleve intermittingly with Clarithromycin over the next two days?
Posted Mon, 2 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. Interactions of these 2 drugs are not significant and it is rarely reported. Liver damage is possible side effect of many drugs,but this is very rarely seen and risk of liver damage is not higher when taking these 2 drugs when compared to taking just one of them. Single dose of these 2 drugs even theoretically cant cause any liver damage. So you can take it together,just limit aleve dosage on XXXXXXX 2x daily. More commonly than liver side effects are allergic reactions, rash or nausea and if you notice this,you should stop claritromicine and take another antibiotic. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards
People also viewed
- Can i take clarithromycin 500 mg and aleve at the same time
- Dangers of taking aleve daily
- Swollen palate near molars
- Could i take clarithromycin along with aleve
- Microscopic haematuria clexane
- Missed clexane injection at 5 weeks
- Liposuction after stroke
- Can i take duromine and ibuprofen and codeine
- Aleve with apo clarithromycin
- Stomach virus then breakthrough bleeding
- Clarithromycin smelling vinegar?
- Crestor drooping eyelids
- What could be ingredients in aleve
- Clarithromycin and missed period
- Stomach burning after dialysis