Could I take avanza instead of lovan or take both. Is there any drug interactions?

Posted Sat, 21 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It depends on your situation.

Detailed Answer:
Hi there, thanks for asking. The best way depends on your situation. If the reason for switching to Lovan (fluoxetine) is your weight gain, it is better to discontinue the other medication (Avanza or fluoxetine). In general Avanza has more possible side effects like oversedation compared to fluoxetine. It is interesting that some people are happy with this kind of effects. For example it could be good for people who have insmonia. Let me know more about your situation if you find this information incomplete. It backs to your situation. Best
Follow-up: Could I take avanza instead of lovan or take both. Is there any drug interactions? 44 minutes later
I take avanza for my insomnia as I cant ever sleep and lovan is for anxiety and depression. Is it safe to take both medications at the same time as avanza doesn't work for my depression but helps me sleep a little and lovan is effective for my anxiety and depression and have no side affects at all on either .
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 34 hours later
Brief Answer:
That would be safe.

Detailed Answer:
Hi again, yes it would be a safe combination especially if you take Avanza with this dose (not a full dose) for sleep and Lovan for your mood. Best