Could I contract HIV through a needle stick?

Hi doctor!I have incident with needle stick by positive hiv person .I did antibody test st 8 month negative but when I does pcr rna hiv (virus load ) result say less than 20 copy / what mean .I so worried .thanks for help.
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: You do not have HIV infection. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. PCR- RNA is a highly sensitive test to detect the virus in the body. It can be false positive also sometimes. A viral load of less then 20 copies/ml is a negative test. You do not have the infection. So, please do not worry. The antiretoviral therapy is needed if the viral load exceeds more than 0000 – 0000 copies/ml. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Could I contract HIV through a needle stick? 8 minutes later
Thank doctor !so I need do test again to make sure or not doctor? Thank doctor!
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Repeat test is not needed. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for writing again. It is a very sensitive test. So, a repeat test is not needed. Hope my answer is helpful. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health. Regards
Follow-up: Could I contract HIV through a needle stick? 13 hours later
Thank doctor ! So if I have unprotected sex with my boy friend (who XXXXXXX have hiv infection ) so he will be ok because I am negative hiv infection too right doctor ? Thank doctor !
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes. You can have unprotected sex. Detailed Answer: Yes. Since you are not infected, there are no chances of transferring the infection to your boy friend. Regards.