Could I be pregnant?

am I pregant
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 6 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

If you could kindly provide me further details regarding your condition and the date of your last menstrual period, I will be in a better position to answer your query.

Please do revert with answers to the following questions so that I can suggest you specifically.

1. Why do you think you could be pregnant?

2. When was the last time you had your periods?

3. Have you missed your period? If yes, by how many days?

4. Did you have unprotected sexual intercourse after your last menstrual period?

5. Do you have any medical conditions, such as diabetes mellitus, Hypo/hyperthyroidism, PCOS(poly cystic ovarian syndrome) or any other hormonal conditions?

If, you had had unprotected sexual intercourse after your last menstrual period, and if you are late in getting your periods this time by more than a week time, you can confirm if you are pregnant or not by doing a simple home pregnancy test.

There are home pregnancy kits readily available over the counter in a pharmacy near by your location, you can acquire one for your self and follow the instruction given with it to find out your pregnancy status.

You can repeat this test after two more weeks to be sure about the test result.

If you are still in doubt, and need a final answer, you can always visit your local gynecologist, who can examine you and might ask for a few blood tests and may be an ultrasound scan of the abdomen and pelvis to confirm your pregnancy status.

Hope I have been able to provide you with some useful information.

Please do write back with the answers, so that I can guide you better.

Please accept my answer if you have no more queries.