Could I be pregnant though urine pregnancy test shows negative ?

hi, my normal period date is from 20 to 25th. My husband came on 23rd and we did sex but not discharged inside. But i did not get may period till today. I am afraid whether I am pregnant. I did home test today but it was negative. Please suggest how can i confirm. What is the solution to stop this
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 2 hours later
Hello Rajnimaan,

From the history it seems that you have missed your period in march, and it was due on 20th march.

In that case you were probably in the luteal phase of the cycle, during which intercourse does not result in pregnancy. Hence having sex on 23rd march would not result in pregnancy in your case.

This has been proved by a negative pregnancy test that has been done now.

You might relax for the time being, and wait for the next period to come in april.

In case you are very anxious and want to confirm the status, you might do a blood test for pregnancy, which will confirm that you are not pregnant.

I hope this helps.

Hope I have answered your query.

If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them