Could EBV infection lead to thyroid problems?

Hi , ism 46yld I had my thoyriod removed early 20's ..learned 2 live general feeling of unwellness , have been diagnosed with EBV today ! Any chance it's been around since early 20's ? An maybe started my thoriod problem..? Thanks KLK
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 2 hours later
Brief Answer: EBV is not related to any Thyroid disorder Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Epstein Barr virus or EBV causes Infectious Mononucleosis also known as kissing disease. Like other virus , infection may remain dormant. It's not associated with causation of any Thyroid disorder. The feeling of generalised unwell XXXXXXX could be related to Anemia or Hypothyroidism. I would suggest you to get your Complete Hematology work up done along with Thyroid profile. In case you require any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS, MD