Coughing with black mucus and tingling in throat after having rajnigandha and tulsi. What are the tests to be taken?

Jun 2015

Hello doctor this is XXXXXXX the problem of my respiratory system was solved for quite a few days but as the winter are jst coming in delhi it has started again let me tell u abt my habits frankly it started a year ago i started this dumbass habit of eating rajnigandha & tulsi & for a year quite consistent yes i know its crap but it has become a habit im trying my level best to leave it & also having drinking habit ocassionaly i mean 2 days in a week now the problem with this respiratory disorder started 3 months ago & the problem is coughing in morning with light black muscus from inside & something constantly tingling in throat doctor pls doctor help me out in this & if i need to go for any testing pls advise which hospital is best in delhi to go for.
Posted Mon, 2 Dec 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Attributed to allergic tracheo-bronchitis. Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. The symptom as mentioned in your post is attributed to allergic tracheo-bronchitis. The light black mucus in cough is due to presence of dust/ pollution which causes irritation of the respiratory passage & post nasal drip, which is responsible for tingling sensation in throat. The use of rajnigandha & tulsi and alcohol intake has caused reduction in your immunity level, making you prone to inflammation/ infection of respiratory passage. Presenting with such symptoms, I usually treat my patients with: 1. Antihistamine preparations like Allegra 60 mg twice a day for symptomatic relief. 2. Antitussive preparation like Grilinctus syrup 10 ml thrice a day to take care of cough. 3. Avoid smoking, chewing tobacco products & alcohol consumption. 4. Maintain adequate hydration & take a healthy balance diet. 5. Also make sure that you are well protected from cold, dust & other allergens. If symptoms still persist, kindly consult a Pulmonologist & get a proper clinical examination done. Investigations like complete blood count, sputum culture & sensitivity, pulmonary function tests & X ray of chest will be helpful to rule out any pathological cause for symptoms. In Delhi, All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS) is the best for treatment. There is no need to worry, you will be fine. Wishing you a good health. Please let me know if I need to clarify further. Take care.