Coughing, done tests. Taking antibiotics. Want good medicine

My wife TLC 12 & ESR 60 she is coughing taking antibiotec advise good medicine for her.
Posted Fri, 14 Sep 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 2 hours later

You have`nt given much details about her symptoms. Since how long she is coughing, is it associated wih phlem, is there any chest pain or fever? I presume her condition is of acute onset ie not more than 4 to 5 days.

TLC 0000 means she has some infection. Types of cells not known. She may take antibiotic Tab Augmentin 1000 mgm twice a day for at least 5 to 7 days. She may take nebulization with duolin and budecort and take a cough syrup like benadryl or grilinctus.

Her ESR is also high which should come down in due course of time otherwise a cause has to be found.

I hope i have answered your query.