Coughing and breathing difficulty after exposure to aerosol fumes. Treatment?

General Surgeon
Hi Doctor I'm 43 years old, this morning while cleaning the bathroom I inhale the fume coming form the aerosol. Nothing happens immediately. After one and half hour I started to get heavy coughing with breathing difficulty even with phlegm vomiting. It then subsides , but each time my throat irritates a little and that i feel like coughing the same symptoms happens (heavy coughing with breathing difficulty and phlegm vomiting).
Please advise

Thank you
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 2 hours later

Thanks for nice query.     

In your case fumes of aerosol has caused delayed allergy leading to bronchospasm & allergic bronchitis .

This has resulted in sign & symptoms enumerated by you like cough ,breathing difficulty with phlegm.

Repeated attacks of coughing with breathing difficulty and phlegm vomiting indicated irritation of throat & upper respiratory tract due to inhaled fumes of aerosol.

Anti allergic drug or steroid inhaler may help you .

It will be nice on your part start taking medicines as per advice of your local doctor after an physical examination.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery.