Cough, yellow mucus, and throat pain. No fever

I have a bad cough with yellow mucus and also pain in the throat, but no fever
Posted Fri, 28 Sep 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 21 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

Based on the details provided, I think you are suffering with upper respiratory tract infection. It is good to know that there is no fever.

Usually such symptoms resolve on its own. Warm saline gargles and XXXXXXX steam inhalation gives instant relief from the symptoms. Antibiotic like azithromycin for a few days is entailed if fever or persisting symptoms are found.

So currently, the symptoms are not concerning. Take some cough suppressant syrup as well.
Do warm water or listerine gargles with steam inhalation. Avoid fried, chilies and junk food. You should be able to get well soon...

Hope, I answered your query. If you have any further query or clarification, please ask.
I will be happy to help.

Wish you speedy recovery.