Cough since weeks. Should I be concerned?

I have had a cough for several weeks now, and wonder if I should be concerned
Posted Sat, 15 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 11 minutes later

Thanks for your health concerns. Cough that lasts more than 2 weeks becomes more worrisome and should be evaluated further. Possible causes include atypical pneumonia, asthma, reflux, postnasal drip, and others. Your physician will conduct a thorough physical examination looking for hints of these causes of chronic cough that i mentioned (the most common ones in ambulatory medicine) and perhaps he would be interested in obtaining a chest x XXXXXXX

Hope that is useful, wish you the best health, blessings.

Dr Brenes Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN