Cough & fever after sleeping in a mosquito killer sprayed room, diagnosed with impaired liver function. Spray the case & treatment with diet?

My sister sprayed mosquito killer spray in the room for three days and I slept in that room . Later I was coughing and got fever , three later I showed to doctor and he checked my blood and mentioned that I have impaired liver function 573.8 . I have appointment with a cardiologist today and with a physician to do my ultra sound on 29th of this month . Pls tell me because inhaling mosquito spray , I go impaired liver function and what is the diet and treatment ,? Truly appreciate , thanks , XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Radhika 23 minutes later

You have provided me with good information.

You have sprayed mosquito spray in your room for 3 days, this has caused coughing and fever. The coughing that you complained of could possibly be attributed to the spray. It can also cause breathing difficulty
Mosquito repellents can also cause loss of alertness due to imbalance in oxygen level, tremors, seizures (if a large amount is swallowed), gastrointestinal issues like diarrhoea and vomiting in some people.

It is less likely that the liver impairment is caused by using a mosquito repellent .It might be caused by long term use of the product only. It is better you use herbal mosquito repellents instead of a chemical based mosquito repellent. Also wash your hands thoroughly after using this and cover your nostrils with mask.

You have mentioned liver function test value at 573.8, I would like to know which category of the liver function test is this.

The following things should generally be avoided in patients with liver disease:
1. Saturated Fats such as: lard, cream, cheese, eggs (w/ cooked yolks) etc.
2. Hydrogenated fats such as: shortening, margarine, refined and rancid oils
3. Excesses of nuts and seeds
4. Chemicals in food and water
5. Pre-packaged foods with preservatives
6. Intoxicants such as alcohol, drugs
7. Paint and chemical fumes
8. Highly processed, refined foods
9. Coffee, Chocolate, Sugar, Spicy Foods, Fried Foods.

There are many causes for liver disease and the treatment is based on the type of liver disease you have. Also, an ultrasound and other liver function test values will help for a better diagnosis and treatment.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.