Cough, body ache, loss of appetite and vomiting with watery stool. What is the disease?

Jan 2013

I haven't held down food or water for 3 days now. Today is day 4and I'm still puking it comes out both ends. A lot of coughing and achey body.
Posted Fri, 18 Jan 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

You are most likely suffering from Acute viral gastroenteritis & effect on liver.
Presence of vomiting and watery shit , coughing, body ache along with loss of appetite suggests the diagnosis and viral cause for all the symptoms.
Viral infections has slight effect on liver also and patients generally suffers from loss of appetite.
As such these defined symptoms have no correlation with asthma & GERD.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist and should go for thorough check up.
Although symptoms suggests viral cause and as such there is no need of treatment for viral illness as it recovers itself within 3-4 days.
But its very difficult to predict the exact cause and you should take proper treatment for fast recovery of symptoms.
You should take complete antibiotic course, probiotics and anti emetics (domperidone or metoclopromide).
You should also take cough suppressants and muscle relaxants for relief of your symptoms.
Avoid milk and all milk products, sour and cold drinks, oily food.

Hope that helps.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava