Cough, blood clot in stool, had diarrhea, vomiting, sinus cold, have lupus & asthma

I have lupus and asthma. I went to bed last night with the start of a sinus cold. I woke up at midnight with diarrhea. I continued that through much of the night. By morning, my stools were nothing but bright red blood. I am coughing, and I had some vomiting. The vomiting and diarrhea have mostly stopped, but if I pass gas on the toilet, it's just a red blood clot.
I have eaten a little chicken noodle soup and nothing else.
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 2 hours later

With your history, I understand that you are suffering from infective dysentery. You have been previously diagnosed as a case of lupus with asthma.

I suggest the following:

1. Get yourself examined by a physician (since you had plain blood in stools during diarrhea) who might advise complete blood count and stool examination.

2. You may also take a combination of drugs like fluroquinolone with anti-anaerobic agent under the prescription from your physician.

3. Drink plenty of water with ORS (Oral Rehydration Solution).

4. You might also take lactobacillus XXXXXXX (to be taken dissolved in a glass of water) 3 to 4 times a day.

Hope I have answered your query. You are welcome to ask any follow-up queries you might have.

Please accept my answer if there are no further queries.