Cough and cold, taken antibiotics, done ESR test and chest CT scan. Prescribed Seroflo for allergic bronchitis. What do I have to do?

Question
sir i am suffering continiously from cough & cold from XXXXXXX 2012
i have taken many anti biotics in this days ,Dr have done my completed blood check up ESR,Chest CT Scane all are normal .some dr suggested that you are suffering from allergic bronchitis so they have given following medicine 1) seroflo 250 pump from cipla 2) montec lc tab 3) cofvecor syrup) 4) flixonase.

I am taking above medicine continios but still again & again I am suffering from cough & cold .yello substance are coming from nasan and thorot .

I want to know that wat I have to do & take medicine to avoid from above.
Posted Sat, 9 Jun 2012 in Asthma and Allergy

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 29 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.
You seem to be suffering from bronchial asthma( allergic)
You must consult a pulmonologist and get the lung function tests done.
Once these tests are done,your lung specialist will be in a better position to advise the treatment.
In the mean time ,pending your consultation with pulmonologist,you should take steam inhalation twice a day along with avoidance of cold and chilled drinks and taking more of hot drinks so that the phlegm can be expectorated with ease.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any other query.
Thanks and best of luck.

Follow-up: Cough and cold, taken antibiotics, done ESR test and chest CT scan. Prescribed Seroflo for allergic bronchitis. What do I have to do? 8 hours later
Sir, it is complusory that anti bio tics have to take ....many time dr is giving anti bio tics,,,what i have to do.. and which anti bio tic are safe in this case

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 8 minutes later
Hello
Antibiotics are prescribed when they are necessary.
There is no point taking antibiotics recklessly as it leads to antibiotic resistance.
You must consult a pulmonologist and get yourself investigated and diagnosed properly.
Once the diagnosis is made,treatment becomes easy.
Thanks and best of luck.