Cost for phacoemulsification surgery with foldable multifocal Intraocular lens implantatio?

Excellent

Ophthalmologist
Question
I am planning a cataract surgery for my wife in next month. I would like to know the total cost for Phaco-emulsification surgery (and also micro phaco surgery) with foldable multifocal Intraocular lens implantation.
Posted Fri, 15 Mar 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Mihir Shah 35 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX,
The cost for multifocal IOL of zeiss make will be 0000 rupees per eye. This is inclusive of all costs. Post surgery medicine charges will be extra. We will do microphaco surgery. Do contact me if you have furthur queries.

Best regards,
Dr.Mihir Shah

Follow-up: Cost for phacoemulsification surgery with foldable multifocal Intraocular lens implantatio? 9 minutes later
Thanks a lot Doctor,

This surgery is for my wife. I visited DR. XXXXXXX Eye Hosp, Coles Road, Bangalore. The people there were nice and investigated my wife and found that she has cataract in both the eyes. They explained very clearly about this cataract, treatment procedure and type of lenses available. For multifocal IOL, they are charging 0000 per eye and this would cost me around 1.2 Lakhs. Not sure about this pricing and went online the pricing. Now, I am not sure whether the whole cost will be covered by my insurance company as well.
Is multifocal lens are really needed? Is not possible to manage with monofocal lens? If mono focal lens are preferred, glasses need to be weared?

Answered by Dr. Mihir Shah 7 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX,
Thanks for replying back.
Multifocal IOL is a luxury, not a necessity. Hence insurance will not cover the whole amount. One can manage with monofocal lenses, but will need glasses for reading.

Best regards,
Dr.Mihir Shah