Corneal transplantation, healing process. Time taken to heal completely ?

hello,how long an eye needs to heal from a corneal transplantation?
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for the query.

Every patient is unique in the process of healing and also the process by which you can expect your vision to get back to an optimal level.

Generally at least 4 to 6 weeks is a minimal expected time period for healing to occur. Make sure you follow your surgeon's advice in keeping things clean and make sure also not to do much strenuous lifting or exercise.

Thanks again for the query. I hope this response serves to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Galamaga