Cornea transplantation in a 12 year old. Taking Veroconazole, Vorzu and Natamet. High rejection chances. Remedy?

Age-12 yrs: Height- 4.5 ft., Weight-30 kg.
On 13.10.11 cornea of right eye was transplant by the doctor of AIIMS. But Doctor says the body is discarding that cornea. To prevent its Veroconazole, Vorzu, Zynase D, Rantac-150, omnacortin-30, Iotin and Natamet is being given. But doctor says that rejection may happen at any time. Any remedy is available to stop rejection
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 18 hours later

Graft rejection is a common problem in the first few weeks of transplant. Eye is supposed to be immune to rejection due to lack of blood supply and lymphatics. Still is a common problem occurring in about 10 to 12 %of case.

As you are also being given anti-fungal treatment there is possibility that the doctors treating you suspect fungal infection also, which slightly complicates the matter as antifungal and steroids ( being the mainstay of rejection treatment) do not match perfectly. These have to be given in exceptional circumstances as in your case.

The treatment you are being offered is very comprehensive and you will respond to this treatment.
Your response to the treatment will be assessed by lessening of your presenting symptoms like pain, redness, photophobia and reduction of vision. Follow these improvements and please do get back to me in case of any problem.

Hope I have answered your queries. I will be available for follow up queries if any.