Contrast used in CT. Started getting chest pains after drinking fluids and less urination. What to do?

Since receiving a CT with Contrast on Friday for Polyuria, I have started getting chest pains after drinking fluids and my urination has gone from polyuria to less than normal. What should I do?

Posted Mon, 26 Nov 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Avinash Ignatius 8 hours later
Contrast used in CT can occasionally affect the kidneys, and can be responsible for a fall in urine output.

However your chest pain on drinking water is unlikely to be related to your kidney or CT. If there is some inflamation in your food pipe, it could explain these. Get a gastroenterologist to see you.

Get your Blood Urea Nitrogen and Serum creatinine checked.

Warm Regards