Contracted pseudomonas after having an endometrial ablation. Took antibiotics. Burning sensation, discolored labia. Worried

Mar 2013
I had an endometrial ablation just over four months ago. I contracted pseudamonas as a result, although denied by hospital. I have been given the all clear after antibiotics. I have a burning sensation constantly, and have noticed that the colour of my vulver, inner labia have changed, to a very pale pink/white.
Posted Mon, 8 Apr 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 39 minutes later
Thank you for your query.
If you had endometrial ablation and the pseudomonas cleared off after antibiotics, then we need not worry on that score.
you are obviously peri menopausal or menopausal - you havent specified that.
What you mention sounds like atrophic vaginitis.
As a result of the fluctuations in the hormonal milieu around this age, the vaginal tissue and the vulval tissue become extremely thin, friable and prone to infections, damage and infection.
The burning is most probably due to that, and also could be a superimposed infection.
Regarding the colour of your vulva changing, it is called leukoplakia, though I cannot be sure without physically examining you.
Leukoplakia if it is so, requires a biopsy for confirmation and treatment.
Also, you need to see a gynecologist to confirm that the diagnosis is indeed atrophic vulvitis and vaginitis for the burning issue.
Meanwhile, if that is indeed the case, you would be prescribed Local estrogen containing creams , apart from treatment for infection if any.
Also, have your blood sugars tested.

take care, and feel free to ask for any further clarifications.