Contracted fungal meningitis from steroid shots. Suggested trigger point injections. Any suggestion?

i am one of those who contracted fungal meningitis from steroid shots. i have been in and out of intensive cares and hosp since first of last aug....i am 70......since having meningitis, my back probs have intensified and pain mgmt has suggested trigger point injections. naturally, after all i have been thru with the meningitis and its residual effects, i am affraid of ANY types of injections. can you allay my fears ?
just started on loritab 7.5 twice daily
Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 1 hour later
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
Considering your age there must be significant degenerative changes in your spine which are responsible for the pain. These are aggravated by infection like meningitis.
Your pain management therapeutics are doing right things . Though you are afraid of injection, trigger point management will help you definitely. It one of the last option in continous pain of patient. In good experienced hand and under sedation it will not be painful. It give you good results in future. You should go for that as it has least side effects in good hands as compared to Medical management. Medication you are taking are just for symptomatic relief. It is not permanent solution.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern, please let me know.